13 January 2009

A past-due Thanksgiving update!

I'll be fairly brief on some catch-up posts ... it's been so long since I've posted anything on here, but I'm going to go back quickly to Thanksgiving.  Justine flew over to Homer from Juneau - it had been nearly a year since I had saw her, one of my most favorite people who I miss dearly.

IMG_0258

For Thanksgiving day our household joined Ben's household for a big shin-dig.  Megan, Justine, and I cooked and cooked - our house brought two pumpkin pies, one apple pie, a green bean casserole, and biscuits.  Regular and cheese.  Woah - the cheese biscuits were amazing.  (I can't believe I can call up our Tday dishes this far past...)  Ben hosted dinner with 16 guests and an absolutely phenomenal amount of food.  It was incredible - after everyone had two- to three-helpings, you almost couldn't tell the food had been touched. 

So what to do but sled all leftovers to a cabin a little ways out of town?  Dogs, food, and wine were packed up and a handful of us went out the next day for a ski/dinner/sauna.

IMG_0262 

The truck got stuck, we were about a mile short of the cabin, and we all decided to not push our luck too hard.  Kaya earned her keep - I strapped her to her sled and she pulled in all of the wine.  Good dog.

IMG_0265

Shoveling out the front of the cabin...

IMG_0268

And hands down one of the best snowmen I've seen.

No comments: